Information We Collect
When you interact with us through the Service, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
Non-Identifiable Data: When you interact with WaterGuru through the Service, we receive and store personally non-identifiable information. Such information, which is collected using various technologies, cannot presently be used to identify you specifically. WaterGuru may store such information itself, or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by WaterGuru affiliates, agents or service providers. The Service may use such information and pool it with other information to track aspects of the Service operation. For example, tracked and pooled information may include the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site. It is important to note that no Personal Data is available or used in this process.
Aggregated Personal Data: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Service, WaterGuru often conducts research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the Personal Data and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and WaterGuru may share this aggregate data with its affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. WaterGuru may also disclose aggregated user statistics to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information
Except as noted above, we will not share your information with any third party for direct marketing purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
If you prefer, however, you can reset your browser so that it refuses all cookies, or notifies you when a cookie is being sent. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may disable certain tracking mechanisms as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies), but such disabling will impair use of the Site.
Data Subjects in the EU
For persons located in the European Economic Area (“EU Data Subjects”), we will process your personal information in accordance with the Regulations (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you are located in the European Union, you are entitled to the following rights with regard to your personal information and data:
- Right of access to your personal data, to know what information about you we hold
- Right to correct any incorrect or incomplete personal data about yourself that we hold
- Right to restrict/suspend our processing of your personal data
Additional rights that may apply to you in certain instances:
- Right of data portability
- Right to withdraw consent at any time (if processing is based on consent)
- Right to object to processing (if processing is based on legitimate interests)
- Right to object to processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes
- Right of erasure of your personal data from our system (“right to be forgotten”) if certain grounds are met
To exercise your privacy rights, you can email us at the address given below in the “How Can I Contact WaterGuru” section of this Policy.
If you believe our processing of your personal information violates data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged violation.
For EU Data subjects, we rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Performance of a contract: The use of your personal information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us (such as an investment contract).
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as to provide you with the best suitable content of the Site, emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our Site, and for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes.
- Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for certain purposes, including direct marketing purposes (such as email marketing). You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the addresses at the end of this Policy. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
We apply a general rule of keeping personal information only for as long as required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances, we may retain personal information for other periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements, or if required to do so by a legal process, legal authority, or other governmental entity having authority to make the request, for so long as required. In specific circumstances, we may also retain your personal information for longer periods of time corresponding to a statute of limitation, so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges.
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Other Information
WaterGuru is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third-parties without further notice to you:
• Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. If we are involved in a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
• Agents, Consultants, and Related Third Parties: WaterGuru, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform identified business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another entity to perform a specific function, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
• Legal Requirements: WaterGuru may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law such as to comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, or similar legal process or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of WaterGuru, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
• Prior Consent: We may also disclose your personal information to any other third party with your prior consent.
• Text Messaging: The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties
You can visit the Site without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain services. If you request that WaterGuru delete your Personal Data after granting you access or use of a WaterGuru service, WaterGuru may de-authorize some or all of your use of the Service.
Our Site and services do not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 18. In the case we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at the email set forth below.
Links to Other Web Sites:
WaterGuru takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no website or Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. In particular, email sent to or from the Service may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you email to us. Please keep the security limitations in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to WaterGuru via the Internet. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at legal@WaterGuru.net.
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Other Terms and Conditions
Your access to and use of the Service is subject to the Terms of Service at www.WaterGuru.com/terms-of-service.
Access to Information
Upon request, WaterGuru will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. To keep your Personal Data accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Service. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
How Can I Contact WaterGuru?